Radar Wave Level Transmitter
Continuous measurement. Independent of changing process conditions
• Precise continuous measurement and point level detection in one device.
• Sensing materials: Liquids or light bulk solids
• 3 type: single rod, coaxial, or wire rope.
• Adopts TDR (Time Domain Reflectometry) technology
• Independent of changing process conditions
- Vapour and turbulence
- Bubble surface
• It can be mounted in small tanks, tall, and even narrow nozzles.
• It is especially suitable in bypass chambers and stilling wells.
• Suitable for all types of process and storage tank
• Low dielectric constants (i.e. low reflectivity) such as oils and hydrocarbons can be measured
• Simplified calibration via HART protocol
Guided Radar (TDR) Sensor enables point level detection in almost every liquid and powder, such as water, oil, ethanol. It is also suitable for the liquids greater than dielectric constant and has an exceptional performance in complex conditions such as dust, smoke, bubble and steam.
ema RB series guided radar , which adopts TDR (Time Domain Reflectometry) technology. It can continuously measure the level of liquids by adopting the principle of time difference caused by radar waves, so it can detect the surface of the medium. Our RB series is suitable for detecting any liquids, such as viscous fluids, oil or water. Usually, sensors can not accurately measure the upper and bottom area, but our RB series has almost no installation restrictions, especially for small-sized tanks and narrow nozzles. It is superior to other methods of level measurement because it can not only provide precise and continuous level measurement, but also has very reliable switching-output-detection combined in one device which benefits the user with cost-efficiency.
The application area for ema’s RB series has been widened and the mounting process has been simplified: First, the sensor is installed in the right upper area of tanks where it can be moved flexibly. Its manual adjustment device makes it unnecessary for customers to change the position while adjusting the level. There is also no need to drill another hole in the tank. Second, this series almost has no installation restriction; it can be mounted in small tanks or tall and narrow nozzles. Third, it can precisely measure targets even with difficult tank geometries or close to interfering structures. Length for a single rod probe up to 3000mm, for a coaxial probe it is up to 6000mm. Different lengths are available on request.
Thanks for its 4-wire design, it can be operate under different kinds of industrial applications and also for various shapes of tanks. This series is featured with antistatic properties, anti-interference and high stability after being extensively tested. Precise signal analysis and suppression of disturbing signals can be achieved due to its innovative design. The TDR level sensor can be linked with personal computers by adopting HART protocol. The unit emits a 4-20mA analog output signal, DC PNP switching output is also available. Its protection classification reaches IP67. Medium temperature is between -40°C and +150°C, pressure is possible between -1...40bar and tolerance doesn’t exceed ±3mm.
RB series enriches customer’s requirements for level measurement systems and is providing solutions for more flexible and wider application fields as well as powerful functions for different kinds of applications. The typical application is suitable to industries such as water-treatment, electricity, chemicals, food and environment protection.
• Thread Connection: G3/4”
• Length of probe: standard 1000mm (length per request)
• Accuracy: ±3mm
• Signal output: 4~20mA/HART; DC PNP NO/NC (short-circuit protection)
• Supply voltage: 12~30 VDC
• Medium temperature: -40~+150°C
• Ambient temperature:-40~+80°C
• Pressure: -1~40bar
• Protection classification: IP67
• Housing material: aluminum
Next: Float Level Switches